- Hide your clutter (such as keys, purse) in pretty, same colored baskets or in drawers.
- Have empty clean surfaces.
- Clear floors by hanging or attaching securely to the wall.
- Arrange flowers and plants (but not too many).
- Have scented candles or diffusers with essential oils on.
- Store away seasonal items in translucent baskets and stack them after properly labeling.
- Throw away broken stuff and sell good unused stuff.
- If there is an assorted pile that cannot be stored in baskets or boxes, cover them up with a pretty cloth.
- Have place for every single item at home and keep it back after use.
- Have light colored furniture and curtains.