- Hide your clutter (such as keys, purse) in pretty, same colored baskets or in drawers.
- Have empty clean surfaces.
- Clear floors by hanging or attaching securely to the wall.
- Arrange flowers and plants (but not too many).
- Have scented candles or diffusers with essential oils on.
- Store away seasonal items in translucent baskets and stack them after properly labeling.
- Throw away broken stuff and sell good unused stuff.
- If there is an assorted pile that cannot be stored in baskets or boxes, cover them up with a pretty cloth.
- Have place for every single item at home and keep it back after use.
- Have light colored furniture and curtains.
Tag Archives: essential oils
How to smell good all day
Some people smell good all day every day every minute even in hottest summers. They even leave a trail of fragrance. Few ideas are shared here to smell good all day.
- Bathing daily with either scented soap or lotion.
- Spraying body spray fragrance mist which suits your body or suits your job culture.
- Remove arm pit hair regularly. Scrub with lemon sprinkled with sugar in the armpits and apply Clay mask for example using Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay regularly (seriously). This will detoxify and remove any sweaty odors lingering in the arm pits.
- Researchers strongly disagree using anti-perspirants as they are linked to breast cancer. Instead use DIY Deodarant – chemical free, natural and lightens dark underarms which will slowly and eventually removes toxins from body and will not sweat with a bad smell.
- While doing laundry, wash your clothes in essential oils with either eucalyptus or flower based essential oils. This will leave your clothes smell very good.
- Using hair oil Anti Frizz / Smooth/ Shiny/ Healthy / Thick Fragrant Hair Serum which is fragrant.
- Some cultures use sambrani (benzoin resin) which smells good. They create smoke using charcoal and let the hair, skin and clothes stay in the smoke for a while. They do this ritual especially for new born babies as they believe that it will also remove negative energies.
- Using fragrant diluted essential oils in either body lotion or hand cream and applying regularly or as and when needed.
- Spraying perfume in the closet so that clothes can absorb the good smell and leave a beautiful smell trail.
Hope all these ideas are useful. If you have more tips, please feel free to leave in the comments below.