- Hide your clutter (such as keys, purse) in pretty, same colored baskets or in drawers.
- Have empty clean surfaces.
- Clear floors by hanging or attaching securely to the wall.
- Arrange flowers and plants (but not too many).
- Have scented candles or diffusers with essential oils on.
- Store away seasonal items in translucent baskets and stack them after properly labeling.
- Throw away broken stuff and sell good unused stuff.
- If there is an assorted pile that cannot be stored in baskets or boxes, cover them up with a pretty cloth.
- Have place for every single item at home and keep it back after use.
- Have light colored furniture and curtains.
Tag Archives: declutter
Why I do not agree with the “process” of decluttering.
Decluttering has become a major revolution these days. Many blogs and videos have emerged about decluttering, how to do it and advantages of decluttering. Decluttering includes throwing away or donating the items that are not useful to that person anymore. And, here comes my difficult in understanding decluttering or why I do not agree the way people are decluttering.
I strongly support the items that do not fit or that are expired or that is not working anymore to be removed from home. But there are several useful items that need not be thrown away but can be used slowly. For example, you may have 3-4 brand new tooth brushes stored. As a process of decluttering, I do not see any need of throwing them away. You have spent your money to buy them, maybe out of impulse or poor organizing skills before, but right now you can save them and replace whenever needed. This way you don’t have to spend money later or already spent money on buying the brushes will not be wasted.
There has been a growing number of people in the process of extreme decluttering whatever may be the reason. The only thing is I say that there are no hard and fast rules in the process of decluttering. Do what you think is wise. Just because some people got rid most of the stuff does not mean that you too have to do that. Throw away that does not fit or expired or broken or is not useful anymore. Save the useful stuff, if there are any multiples, if you know that you will be using them in the near future. Your house may not be clutter free quickly but you will not be throwing away the money in the garbage. Do not even shop before you finish off all those products.
Inviting positive energy or positive vibrations into life and home
Do you feel that you are stressed, have no peace in life or no happiness? Are you surrounded by negative thoughts, negative incidents?Do you feel that you are inviting only negativity in your home or life? In order to protect oneself from these negative vibrations, and to invite positive vibrations into life or home, there are some simple rituals that one can do easily and effortlessly. Positive vibrations bring happiness, joy, health, wealth which includes prosperity and abundance. Why wait anymore? Let us know all the rituals which one can do and lets bring positivity from all directions of life.
3. Vacuum, clear dust from all the furniture
4. Throw away garbage
5. Grow indoor plants (the many, the better) and if possible, plant some outdoor too. Do not forget to water them.
6. Play some good music (vedic chants, nadaswaram or simple nature sounds or whatever soothes your ears and mind)
7. Burn a fragrance candle or light diya/deepam in front of god
8. Let fresh air circulate at home
9. Place crystals (clear quartz, citrine, amethyst, whatever resonates you) in your home or carry with you
10. Place a (small) water fountain at home
11. Place a Himalayan Salt Lamp
2. Chant a mantra regularly
3. Let someone gift you lucky Buddha
4. Feed birds/animals/ants/insects
5. Watch feel good movies or comedy movies or shows and laugh till you cry
6. Exercise / jog / do yoga
7. Eat healthy and drink lots of water
8. Read at least one positive affirmation everyday
9. Be in nature as much as you can
10. Invite or allow only positive thoughts
11. Donate as much as you can
Are these rituals difficult to follow? No, most of the things can be done very easily. Believe them and follow the above rituals regularly, you will notice big positive changes in your life instantly and you will be flooded with positive energy in all areas of your life.